Things to do During the Holidays
The holiday season is here!
Some of you may be excited about family gatherings, big meals, an abundance of sweets, gifts, or getting ready for a new year. Some of you might want to skip all of that. It can be hectic, but it is hard to avoid. Here is a list of things to do during the holidays. Maybe with a good plan, it won’t feel so overwhelming!
If you prefer not to be stuck in the kitchen all day preparing food, you might want to check out this list of restaurants serving a Thanksgiving meal:
- Front Range BBQ will be offering all you can eat smoked turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, pies, and more! Reservations are being taken from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Famous Steak House will have a special Thanksgiving menu served 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- If you’re looking for a less traditional Thanksgiving, check out Edelweiss Restaurant which will offer authentic German dishes, from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Mountain View Restaurant has a Thanksgiving Day Brunch running from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Reservations are recommended, 719-538-4060.
For everyone who wants to avoid the hustle and bustle of Black Friday, head to your closest State Park. Colorado Parks & Wildlife’s Fresh Air Friday is encouraging Coloradans to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. There will be FREE admission to all state parks and special events at participating state parks. Check out the website for more details.
There are many holiday movies and shows that we all love to watch every year, and one of the classics is coming to a stage near you! UCCS presents A Christmas Carol, performed from November 29 – December 24, at the Dusty Lo Bon Vivant Theater.
Another holiday tradition is A Colorado Nutcracker, which will have four performance between December 22 and December 23, at the Pikes Peak Center for Performing Arts. You can purchase tickets on the website or by calling, 719-520-7469.
Head over to the Holiday Market hosted by the Commonwheel Artists Co-op to find perfect and unique gifts for your friends and family. The market began on November 16 and runs through December 30, with an Opening Reception on Friday, December 7. Everything is handmade by local Colorado artists.
New Year’s Eve
There is never a shortage of New Year’s Eve events. Here is a list of things to do to celebrate the New Year:
- New Year’s Eve at The Broadmoor provides a couple of fun options. The New Year’s Eve Gala is an elegant affair with a four-course dinner and music from the The Broadmoor Pops Orchestra. The New Year’s Eve Bash is a high-energy party featuring Soul X and DJ Karson. There will also be dancing, a tapas buffet, and drinks. Both events include a champagne toast at midnight.
- The beauty of Glen Eyrie will add to the ambiance of their New Year’s Eve Gala. The evening will be filled with an exceptional meal, live music, and dancing in the The Great Hall of The Castle.
- Stay home and watch the AdAmAn Club Fireworks! If you’re celebrating from the comfort of your own home, you still have a chance to see an awesome fireworks display set off by a group of mountaineers who climb the Barr Trail on the east face of Pikes Peak every year. They begin their climb on December 30, then at the stroke of midnight on December 31, they light up the sky with fireworks that can be seen for hundreds of miles along the Front Range.
There are plenty of things to do during this cold season! No matter what you decide to do, we hope you’re holidays are joyous!